Structure plaster forms a plastically structured surface that is suitable for facades and interior walls. The structure may consist of a visible aggregate or the pattern may be formed during application by various tools and techniques. Structural plaster tools can vary greatly, depending on the imagination and desire of the home improvement. For example, float, cleaning trowel, wooden pencil, broom or comb and many others. Structural plasters have been used for decoration since the 18th century and have always been a classic for exterior walls and, in recent years, also for interior walls.
- 1 Structure plaster for exterior facade
- 2 Structure techniques for beginners
Structure plaster for exterior facade
Structural plaster for external façades should, above all, be weatherproof and be resistant to external conditions. The elasticity is also a very important property, otherwise hail damage can be expected. There are plenty of examples of façades with hail damage where points or even holes at the hail joints have formed. Good water vapor diffusion properties allow the room to breathe. In addition to being breathable, the structure plaster should also be free of pollutants, because plasters are usually suitable for both exterior and interior use.
The common types of decorative plaster are:
- Mineralputz - consists of sand and binder. Binder may be lime, gypsum or cement. They can be found in different colors, textures and grains. Breathable plaster, which is not recommended for pedestal area.
- silicate plaster - a mineral plaster that is permeable to water vapor and resistant to manufacture. For outdoor use, adjust alkaline to prevent moss and algae growth. Also suitable for home improvement, because it is offered processing horse. It remains only the color choice - white or colored?
- Silicone resin plaster - highest quality level under the decorative plaster with a very high facade protection. Binder here is the silicone resin. Extremely dirt-repellent and therefore easy to clean. Ideal for exterior facade. Offers a very extensive color selection, even very intense colors and mixtures are possible.
- mosaic plaster - consists of natural stone granules, extremely abrasion-resistant, water-repellent and breathable. Here are the Buntsteinputze for inside and outside used. Very suitable for pedestal area.
Structure techniques for beginners
Plastering requires ideas and whims, but also a bit of practice and skill. For playful wall decor home grating and roller plasters are best suited. You can be inspired and immerse yourself in the extensive selection of colors and grains. Cleaning techniques are very different and interesting. Getting a structure on smooth plaster is not that difficult. You take a sponge, paintbrush or simple rag and you see, the result is not all that bad.
Structure plaster for interior
Here we got a great result. The plaster color is called in the color palette of the brand "Marone 11" and has a beautiful gold nuance, which looks very different playful with the light in the room. The soft sand tones of the beige pieces of furniture match very well and make the room look brighter and bigger. Color accents are of course allowed at any time.
Does the structure fit into daily life?
The structure on the wall should already be adapted to everyday life in the house. For example, lace structures can be quickly damaged by impact and are not easily cleaned. Especially when children are there, pronounced structures are not recommended, because they like to smear on the wall and even they can hurt themselves. So the plaster structure for the interior should already be considered and fit the family life.
Structure plaster as a decorative element for a stylish ambience
As a decorative element, Strukturputz is particularly chic and, due to the contrast with the other walls, it sets a great accent in the room. Today, the modern wall design with decorative plaster offers a great alternative to wallpaper, as well as long-term and easy care.
The coarser the grit the rougher the appearance
Classic structure and color for outdoor use